I have been so tired and behind on everything lately. I can’t seem to get a thing done. For no good reason, I have not recovered from Las Vegas yet. I feel exhausted and drained. My body feels as though it could just shut down at any minute. The only nice thing about that is that I’m sleeping much more soundly. No insomnia for me when I can barely make it past 9:30. That also means I’m getting much less accomplished, since 9-10:30 are usually my get shit done hours. Boo!
Because of Josephine’s flea bites we have been trying to keep her indoors (we’ve sprayed some stuff out back and in the front, but I’m waiting until the lawn is mowed to take her out). Therefore, nothing at all outside has been done. Nothing. I thought we’d be at a better point than this. But we’re not.
I’d like to have people over, entertain, maybe have a birthday party in November, but the way things are going the lawn will still be overgrown, the artwork won’t be up. We are stuck.
I need inspiration, motivation, energy.
I’m trying to assess why I feel like shit. I’m not eating well, haven’t exercised in months, have one million VERY IMPORTANT things due at work that are stressing me out. That combo is probably killing me. Knowing the steps I need to take is not enough. I have to change now, or my poor health will destroy me. So, since I love lists, here’s one to help me out of the hole I’ve plopped myself into:
1. Eat better. Less junk food (I’m talking to you, Halloween candy), more fruits and veggies. More water, a tad less coffee. Just a tad.
2. Get some intentional exercise multiple times a week. Dancing for 30 minutes with Josephine totally counts. Bring on the Yo Gabba Gabba dance parties!
3. Put up the damn art. Because I’m pretty sure everything will fall into place if we do.
4. Make a relaxing spot outside. Somewhere to sit, entertain, etc. If you build it, they will come (and then I’ll be forced into yard work again).
So there you go. Not too crazy, it seems do-able right now (doesn’t it always though?)
I’ve got to do this, y’all. I’m fading fast.
On a more positive note, Taylor has started finishing up our bathroom (yay!). He put in the toilet and bought our new vanity. It’s nice to have two toilets again. Very nice indeed. Thank you Taylor!
And, although I’m exhausted, we have been having a lot of fun the last couple of weekends with friends (probably directly contributing to the tired, but what can you do? Life needs to be lived, right?!)
Photo from the booth at Sean and Melanie Duncan’s wedding reception. Getting our silly on.
I have been on home pause for the last week or so. I really haven’t done anything to move towards having the house settled or getting the land in order.
Work has been ridiculously busy, which my colleague keeps saying is the new normal (and I have the sinking feeling he is right). I have been in meetings pretty solid for about three weeks. It has been slightly exhausting (I’m being kind on that one. It has been downright excruciating, especially given the amount of work I still need to get done in between all these meetings). Also, my neck decided that this was a good week to take a shit on me, so I was mostly unable to move my head for a couple of days. Add to that one sleepless night due to neck pain and worrying, and a child who has decided that she would like to wake up to cry for 5 minutes right when I have just gotten to sleep each night, and you have the picture of my week.
Tired of hearing me complain? Yeah, me too.
So here’s the deal folks. I am going to tell you what I am going to accomplish by the end of the weekend. If I don’t accomplish said goals, I will pay all three of you who read this $5. Deal?! Juuuuust kidding. But really, if I don’t accomplish my goals, feel free to harass me about it until the end of my days. Sound good? OK! Now, on to the goals. I should say, my weekend is fairly busy with Uncle Spencey and Auntie Chris coming over today to spend some long overdue quality time, the Thrift Store Outfit playing at the Oakdale Concert in the Park tonight (shameless plug, starts at six if you are in the area), and the much anticipated Yo Gabba Gabba birthday party we were invited to tomorrow at noon (my child might die when she meets Plex and Foofa. Seriously. She has an addiction and I fear overdose).
My practical list (trying not to set myself up for failure):
1. Dust the house
2. Clean the bathroom
3. Mop/sweep the floors (so easy with my new fantastic Shark cleaner. That thing is epically bad ass. I cried tears of joy when Taylor bought it for me. Same as I cried when he bought me a new washing machine days before Josephine was born. Apparently the way to my heart is through home cleaning devices. But I digress.. )
4. Harvest my tomatoes
5. Dehydrate tomatoes
6. Get my dresser drawers in (yes, only half of my dresser drawers are in. My clothes are in piles on top. I’m a classy lady)
7. Finish weeding around the swing set
8. Beware of wasps while weeding around the swing set (one of the little bastards got me last weekend. No fun)
9. Start weeding the fire pit area
10. Look through boxes of CDs to find that one you have been looking for for years
11. Finish washing and putting away all the blankets
OK, I think that’s enough for now. I’m pretty sure I can knock this shit out. In fact, I’m going to start riiiiiiiiiight NOW!